Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mock, BP 14, 221 IAR

 I love old television sets, this object is simple and sleek for the time period it was in. The design is simple-- a square and circles, stacked on legs or a stand. It was the new modern thing and I think that even this day and age, it still looks modern. I love the idea of incorporating antique styles in with the moder to balance things out. I think that it would fit nicely in any modern or old school home. 















My top place is most definitely a library. Library designs have the potential to be very creative, with all the stacking going on. The layers show depth and wonder, a interesting library design can the books look mysterious and appealing. The books inspire creativity in people, that make it possible to design today. 


















mountain-houseAs far as buildings go, I am fascinated with earth homes. An example of one is the Earth House Estate Lattenstrasse located in Dietikon, Switzerland. These houses are built partially underground and are naturally protected from wind, rain, temperatures, etc. They are usually built out of sustainable materials and not to mention they look like something out of a fairytale! 
















My favorite place is Rome, I think they created the fundamental concepts of design and city layout. Their ideas are still considered today, all architecture is built on top of their theories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment